God Is Sovereign



Last night teen bible study was...great. Ok, honestly, we ended our last study with a teaching on how to know if you genuinely are a christian. I must confess, I was a bit disappointed, why..because after our last study many confessed they were ready to repent and believe, then here we are this week doing a follow up and these girls had nothing to say. There was NO RESPONSE ...one girl talked about a dream she had about the end times and how it frightened her to really want to take her walk with the LORD serious.( this is the one we do believe is a christian) Which we were very encourage about.. Another girl read Romans 12 out loud and the section on loving your enemies really hit home with her and we saw the HOLY SPIRIT do something with that.

Delta and I really spilled our hearts out about how much we love them and that we were there for them and that they could talk to us whenever they were ready. As, of tonight, I have been thinking alot about my attitude about the whole thing..

How prideful of me to think that we would have any power to change these girls. I think for a minute, I was trusting in the message, and bible study to change them, when it can be NOTHING BUT THE LORD and the work of the HOLY SPIRIT. You know, I do believe that, and in evey study time with them we have told, I HAVE TOLD THEM THAT..but my reaction to last night really brought my heart issue to the surface.. As hard as it is to find out your sin, its so freeing at the same time because of the peace the LORD gives you once you get it...

I love this quote by C. J, Mahaney:
“Therefore, if you are a Christian this morning you must realize you did not discover God. He graciously revealed himself to you. And that realization should leave you freshly amazed by the grace of God this morning. If you have received and responded to the message of the cross, this wasn’t the fruit of human wisdom or human intelligence. The ability to perceive the wisdom of God wasn’t resident within you from birth and eventually exercised and developed by you. This was, instead, revealed to you by the Holy Spirit. No one discovers God through human wisdom. Divine wisdom is revealed. If it is perceived, it is because it has been revealed, revealed through the preaching of the gospel and by the work of the Holy Spirit revealing Christ and him crucified to sinners like you and me."


SO, again, what a reminder that we are just servants, called to share the message, the message, combined with the HOLY SPIRIT opening up their eyes to the TRUTH is ALL a WORK OF THE LORD.. He HAS A SOVEREIGN PLAN for these girls which is PERFECT AND GOOD. I need to just learn how to roll with the flow and learn to not worry like the pagans. (Matt. 6)