No Longer Newlyweds

Psalm 84:10-12

For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than dwell in the tents of wickedness. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you

I'm sitting at home on my sofa relaxing after a long two weeks. I know I haven't blogged much, but there isn't enough space on blogger to even begin to write all we deal with on a daily basis. Lord knows!

Six years of ministry means the honeymoon is over. Yet, to be honest, I still have a zeal and love for the Lord and His purposes in this community. I never expected things to be perfect or fun the whole time we're here. I think at times I'm rocked at what the trials are and how they are birthed. Ultimately, I have to remember the Lord is sovereignty ruling through every detail , which i something I forget far too often.

Sometimes I feel like I'm everywhere emotionally. Happy one second, angry, then sad the next. Why-You ask? To be honest, I would say its because I have a tendency to look at the things and people around me and not keep my graze on Jehovah Sabaoth.
The LORD of HOST. Yes, ministry is tiring, frustrating and can damage many relationships and marriages if one isn't careful. I'm learning these pit falls happen and can happen to me when my focus and commitment to the Lord isn't where it needs to be. When I have become so busy and not sat at my Lords feet, everything is out of balance. I begin to think, act, and work in my own strength.
Soul care is so important no matter where you are in life. My devotion to Jesus is very important. I'm learning and reminding myself what it means for me to abide in the Lord. He is the vine, I am the branch.


"We are strange "branches" that are prone to wander. Staying put is something we must obey. "Abiding" for us is a discipline. We are prone to leave the "vine" because we are easily deceived into believing that we are the vines, not branches. Remember Satan original deception, " you will be like God"? We don't want to be branches, we want to be the vine, we want to bear our own fruit"- John Piper

Passing the honeymoon stage of ministry, I'm taking prayer a lot more serious then I have before. It's not that I never prayed, it's that I haven't prayed enough. You will always need to up your prayer game. :) I'm fighting for a deeper dependence on the Lord. My husband and I both are growing in what it means to not work in your own strength. As much as I love this ministry, I love JESUS more!!
My devotion to Him comes first.

I'm resting in my Savior tonight. I'm hopeful because of the gospel and the power that's found in it. Though at times we're surrounded by chaos, He will keep us in perfect peace as our minds are stayed on Him.

Abide friends...