Looking Back

It's funny how you can read an old journal entry and see how the Lord was doing some pretty amazing things back then to notice He's still doing them today. The blog post I'm reposting below is a clear indication that when one enters into the roughness of inner city ministry you must remember a couple of things:

1.God is in control . My "ministry" here is so much more about my development and heart change then it is the people I do life with. God is Sovereign over all things, including the actions of people.

2. PAIN in relationships  cannot be avoided. Unless of course you're  one of those non confrontational folks who keep up with the fake grin, fake laugh, fake happiness all for the sake of not wanting to loose your relationships with your neighbors  and don't confront offenses  head on when necessary . (Breathe Nicole .. I just said a lot in one breath) This is so not me, and I'm sure it's one of the very reasons why I stay in conflict with others. (In addition to the fact I'm sinful and constantly jacking up something) . Help me Lord!

3. My labor .. Your labor.. Our labor is NEVER IN VAIN. God is going to use every conflict, every frustration, every rumor about you and your family in the community, all the stuff your kids are exposed to which results in you having to have long family discussions , etc..  All this and more  will be used to glorify God and draw you closer to Him.

Being close to Jesus was all I ever wanted in this calling, that's it . Nothing deep . Just closeness with the Father.  He knew exactly what to do to bring it about .

Here is a blog post from 2011 that is VERY  MUCH still relevant today in my life . I'm so thankful for this reminder . God is far too kind to me.


Keep laboring and loving saints . God sees you.