On Mission

I can't believe that in  almost a  week, our team will be heading to Haiti. I'm both nervous and excited. I've been wondering; what part of God's character will I  get to experience first hand while I serve over in Haiti? I really want to see the Lord and I want my experience to impact the work I do here in Washington Park, my marriage, parenting and the way I love others.

Our team is heading to Jacmel, Haiti to serve Children's Hope.  Children’s Hope is the orphan ministry of First Baptist Church here in Montgomery, Alabama. Based on James 1:27, it encompasses Foster Care, Adoption and Orphan Care. The mission of Children’s Hope is to engage the Church in carrying out God’s command to care for orphans.

We have two missions, one is to see the Lord at work and join Him. Secondly, to help meet some of the needs of the Children at the orphanage and local community. Some of our duties will be assisting local churches with evangelism,  helping teach  Bible studies and conducting Vacation Bible School.

I pray we're a blessing to this ministry and our helping don't hurt them in any way. Please pray for our trip and the little ones of Children's Hope. I plan to document my trip and write often. What a privilege it is to go and see the Lord at work and join Him. I'm so thankful.


To God be the glory!