He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, he lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves those who live justly. The LORD watches over the immigrant and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. -Psalm 146:7-9

Monday, February 4, 2008

Just for Laughs

Here is funny story I found on the web...aleast the sister was trying to practice what the scripture says.."the righteous ponders how to answer.." ha!



"A few years ago I was Christmas shopping by myself. As I hurried past the stores I saw a large UNICEF display set up ahead and could tell that the people running it were asking shoppers for donations. I had to pass it but didn't like to, as my husband and I plan our giving together and I hate telling people "no" when they ask for money. "Just say 'no' and keep walking," I told myself. A woman at the booth caught my eye as I approached. "Just say 'no' and keep walking," I told myself again. The woman stepped towards me and asked, "Do you like children?" Without thinking, I said "no" and kept walking. I was too flustered to stop or explain, but I peeked back over my shoulder at the woman and will never forget the look of shocked disgust on her face