Philippians 4:8-9 for the week

“What is contentment? It is having a satisfied mind in any situation. It is finding inner satisfaction in God alone and in His provision for you. It is experiencing His peace and confidence in difficult times. It is consciously enjoying the fact that God is good, even when your circumstances are not.”

So what do I do when my circumstances seem “not good”? I know I am supposed to be content, but how do I get there? The answer, says Mr. Jones, is in the verses that come before Philippians 4:11 which he’s arranged into a helpful acronym, “PTO”:
-Pray (vv. 6-7)
-Think godly thoughts (v. 8)
-Obey God’s truth (v. 90)


If you seek God’s face, renewing your mind with His truth and walking in His ways will produce inner peace amid circumstantial problems.”


taken from article "Learning Contentment in All Your Circumstances" by Robert D. Jones in the Journal of Biblical Counseling
(adapted from Girl Talk)