Trinket #5


Clueless in Prayer
By: Kathy Hicks


Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to GOd. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in CHrist Jesus

We all face situations in which we either have no clue what to do, or we dont have the ability or resources to solve it. When I find myself in these situations, I've discovered a little course of action that helps me give it up to God's responsibility-which is where it belongs. This exercise relieves me of the anxiety I experience when I feel the need to fix the problem myself.
I remember a time when my daughter was very upset about something. I could'n solve it for her and didn't have a clue how to comfort her. As I prayed for her, I remember stretching out my hands as though holding an invisible box that contained her problem. As I lifted it up to the LORD, I prayed, I don't know what to do with this LORD. I need you to take it and solve it for me. I can't do it.

It was amazing how simple physical action of handing over that problem to the LORD helped bring peace to my heart. This physical action represented my dependence on God and my submission to HIs will in this situation. Since that time it's become my way of expressing my trust in him and reminding myself that these problems are no longer mine to worry about. He is my problem solver.


All-powerful Father, thank you for being bigger than any problem I could ever have. Thank you for the peace that comes from knowing that you have the power and the desire to care for me as your beloved daughter. Help me to go to you and ask rather than to worry. Amen



My prayer this week is to remember that HE is able and HE DOES solve all of life's problems because HE HOLDS ALL THINGS TOGETHER!! Col.1:16-18