Why the title of my Blog

The Lyrics below are from the song that is in my player to the left...This song was written by one of my husbands close college friends..
so appropriate for where we are in our life...
enjoy!!
************************************

Rebuild The City
Lyrics by : Sho Barak
a

Verse 1
Missionaries came through and preached revival /
They took the land and left our hands with the bibles/
No direction no vision no disciples/
Years later the church has become an idol/
It became a culture and it's no longer a faith/
We seek comfortable living and no longer his face/
See churches on the corner but the corners don't change/
Members enter in the building but they come out the same/
Our house looking plush GOD's house looking desolate /
The churches aint serving they to busy protecting it/
We live in the city will we try to invest in it/
Rapper dealing death while everybody just blessing it/
The hood has little hope its like we accepted defeat/
We're from broken homes that's why we stand in the street/
I could complain all day but it won't get fixed/
Since I understand that my prayer has been this/

Hook
GOD give your servant success today by granting him some of your favor/
I need to, You need to , We need to Rebuild the City
(2x)

Verse 2
My man moved to the project invested in a project to offer the promise/
To offer needs to the jobless hope to the homeless escape from the bondage/
He said send me he prayed that for some weeks now he prays with his feet/
He sees the death in their eyes in outward the lie but in the inward they cry (rebuild the city)/
We use to fight for our schools now we fight to be cool like its tight to be fools/
Youngin 13 years old , ready to sell his soul, for a mouth of gold/
He like he wants to climb to the top he wants to sign with the rock, I got a sign from the Rock/ This is passed down from the top repent from your slop, before your breathing just stops/

Verse 3
As the pages turn I had a great concern I had to come to serve/
But then I realized I have the Spirit in me, some faithful men with, the word will equip me to (rebuild the city)/
I got a passion to preach, a passion to reach I got to Sheppard the sheep/
This is not just a speech we will rebuild the souls man along with the streets/

Cam Verse

Ride with me there is work to be done/
We workin the word that works when we working this one/
Start it off with me, to rebuild I need your truth and your grace before I'm hitting the field/So I can Rebuild the city./that's what you called me to do/to convince them to follow me as I'm following you/ to make the streets a little safer by teaching to love your neighbor/ most of all offering life by giving Jesus the savior.