He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, he lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves those who live justly. The LORD watches over the immigrant and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. -Psalm 146:7-9

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

His Love Endures Forever

Today was such a challenge for me. My head hurts just to think about how it went. To be honest, most of the challenges I faced were because of my own sin. AGH! How I long to be with the LORD and done with this wretched body!!!!! I sat in the car and just sobbed.. I just felt so convicted because I knew that the choices I had made had not been what the LORD commanded of me in Romans 12:1.. to offer my body as a living sacrifice , holy and pleasing to HIm.. so, I asked for forgiveness and asked the Holy Spirit to comfort me and help me in the future. The moment i finished praying, ( i mean literally) another temptation comes.. this time it had to do with what I saw others had and wanting the same thing.. God in his faithfulness and love met me right in that moment.. the radio, which happened to already be on , all of a sudden was louder.. and the song below is what I heard....

Oh, sovereign LORD there is none like you. You who know me soo intimately knows exactly what I need to hear. Thank you for calming the storms around me and giving me hope and peace. Thank you as well for sweet friends who pray for me( i love you D!) and who is there to comfort me in my struggles... Thank you for grace that is sufficient when I am weak. What a privilege to be called to serve a ALL KNOWING, WISE, & faithful God...May you be glorified in me


Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise - Out of Eden