I can TRUST GOD!

"Remember the former things long past, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things which have not been done, saying, 'My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all My good pleasure" - Isaiah 46:9-10

"His Sovereignty rules over all." - Ps. 103:19

"Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand" (Isa. 14:24)

"My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure" (Isa. 26:10).


"There is no attribute of God more comforting to his children than the doctrine of Divine Sovereignty. Under the most adverse circumstances, in the most severe troubles, they believe that Sovereignty hath ordained their afflictions, that Sovereignty overrules them, and that Sovereignty will sanctify them all. There is nothing for which the children of God ought more earnestly to contend than the dominion of their Master over all creation - the kingship of God over all the works of His own hands - the throne of God, and His right to sit upon that throne. On the other hand, there is no doctrine more hated by world-lings, no truth of which they have made such a football, as the great, stupendous, but yet most certain doctrine of the Sovereignty of the infinite Jehovah. Men will allow God to be everywhere except on His throne."
- C. H. Spurgeon






I have been so convicted today over the amount of complaining I do. (clearly, this is where Kaiya i gets it from) Delta and I have recently began to read Jerry Bridges book Trusting God Even When Life Hurts..( I have read this book like 4 times) Clearly, I am not getting it.. I know that until I see Christ my faith will be tested through various circumstances, and I know that the LORD will use those circumstances to teach me to trust him ( or to reveal to me that I dont) My prayer is that after reading this book again that I will TRUST in GOD's Sovereignty and not just say it all the time. That I will be honest with the LORD that whatever I am going through is hard, but it's ok, because He is GOD and He does what ever pleases Him.
This can be such a HUGE killer for anxiety..I can't wait to really dig into this book!


Who is like the LORD? Father, there is no one like you. I pray that in the next couple of months I will grow in learning to trust your sovereign hand over my life. Please forgive me for complaining. Life is hard and it's not meant to be easy. Help me to accept that so that those around me may see a spirit of thankfulness and worship you. May I never cause these little ones to stumble because of my attitude. Amen.