Just Hanging Out

Today was like any other day for us here on Westcott. My husband woke me up this morning to inform my that my cell phone was ringing like crazy..I almost got a little aggravated because he usually lets me sleep in on Saturdays from such a tiring week.-I know.. I need to get it together, the brother just wanted to tell me that one of the teenagers and her mom was attempting to remind me that OLD NAVY was having their 50% off summer sale..along with Flip Flops for $1!!! I looked at the clock and it said 7 something.. that's all I could read..Old Navy didn't open till 9am. ha! What in the world.. It was so neat, they wanted to see if I would join them for a day of shopping. I called her back and told her yes, I was getting up and getting ready, They assured me that they would grab some flip flops in my size so that I wouldn't miss out! Love it!!

Anyway, it was a MAD HOUSE!!! Women were pushing, and yelling at one another..

"Aye, you see my size in porple( purple)"!!!!

"NAW, I see a 10 in green"!!

"AYE, why dont ya'll get some more shoes from the back!"

" limit 5 pair per customer...shoot, Imma send my babies up there wit some money in their hands so that I can get more"! ( uh, did I mention this customers children were at least 2 and 2 1/2.. what in the world...

There were 6 of us in total that were out together today, and I must say, it was so much FUN! I love how the LORD gives me those times to just to hang out with my neighbors outside of the 'hood'. It's like, when we are on westcott I sometimes feel as if they are like..people i minister too, and they are, but.. at the same time, when we are outside of that, I really feel as if they are my FRIENDS, and I praise GOD for that is exactly what they have become.

After old navy madness, I took kaiya and a one of her friends down the street to a birthday party. "S" turned 4 years old today! The girls had a blast!!! When we got there we found the birthday girl, showered her with hugs and kisses, and I then proceeded to help her mom serve all the neighborhood kids with hot dogs, chips and cookies. yum! Moments later, it was "on and popin" ( that just means the party became real exciting and action filled) all the kids jumped in the pool, and some decided to slide down the huge water slide over and over again! It's days like this I am reminded as usual why we are here and that this thing is a LIFESTYLE, No 9am-5pm... No weekends off, no breaks in between. The LORD in HIs mercy and GRACE will provide for us time to time those breaks, or weekend getaways, and we are forever grateful.. but I was just so humbled and thankful that HE gave me a heart today to not mind that I was out again being used in the harvest.. Maybe it had something to do with my sweet husband doing all my laundry today!! I love my man, He's such a humble servant!

Father thank you once again for the calling you have placed on our entire family. I love that Kaiya is being exposed to what it means to give your life way to many. What a privilege it is to serve you and not grow tired or weary. You have given me some serious grace today. I just pray that you continue to give us a heart to serve and GIVE. I pray that Kaiya, sees you in all that we do. I pray that when she gets older that she too is called to serve, and glorify you through missions. I pray that her hearts desire is to see the nations worship you, for this is why missions exists. Lord, thank you as well for the special times you give me with my neighbors, please help me to take advantage of every opportunity to share my life with them. I praise you for such a loving husband, who used this day to serve me. Thank you for how you use Him to spur me on. Amen