Wonder Working Power


"Self control doesn't just happen. We can't adopt the indifferent attitude" let go and let God" and expect magically to become self-controlled. Self control requires effort. However, development of this quality is not soley dependent upon us. we cannot acquire this virtue by our own strength. It is only as we cooperate with the power of the Holy Spirit that we will achieve self control. our growth will take place as it did with Paul who said." For this I toil, struggling with all energy tht he powerfully works within me" (col. 1:29)........We are in a fierce battle-confronting sin from within and temptations from without. But God provides a means of protection in this war. He wants to encircle us with a wall that can withstand the onslaught on all three fronts. That wall is self-control.... The first step in constructing this wall of self-control is to acknowledge one simple yet hideous fact about ourselves: We like to sin!!!"
- Carolyn Mahaney




Ya'll this battle is so real, and HARD... oh, my goodness it's hard. I love control. I do, I love to act like I am God and do things because i want to, because I believe the LIE that I can. What a LIE to believe!!!!!!!!!! This LIE has caused so much wreckage in my walk with the LORD, ya girl is still trying to clean house from this one. I AM BACK to blogging ( uh, yea, a day early :). I am so thankful to the LORD for what He has revealed to me. I must confess I did use the computer a couple of times this week to check my yahoo account . Anyway, I was just telling Delta the other night after our bible study, that practicing self control with my computer/blog has caused me to unintentionally use self control in the area of food. Talk about how one sin leads to another. I was too through with that one.. wow... the LORD Is indeed good my friends. The time I usually use on the computer, I used it to work out, do some extra reading, visit friends, rest from girls camp, pray for our bible studies and neighborhood, ect.. ( notice I did not say clean my house..hmmmm working on that one) I have so much going on, I was amazed at how much time I spent up late at night or early in the morning trying to read all twenty something blogs I have links to... ( you know how we do, we read a blog, then click on the comment link, then read ALL the comments, then click on the persons blog who made the most interesting comment.. then read her blog.. then out click on the links posted on that blog, ect, ect, ect) clearly.. i was on this thing for hours!!

I am thankful for the lesson of sin the LORD has convicted me of. My heart is deceitful, and loves sin. If I don't go to war with sin, it will overcome me.. I had become a slave, back in bondage to the very thing that Christ broke me free of. I kept feeding my desire to be on the computer, to eat certain foods, to say things I shouldn't say, to think things I shouldn't think.. But, now, I really do believe the LORD has given me a taste of victory to teach me and show me that it is SO POSSIBLE to walk in obedience to HIM under HIS power. Just as Delta and I discussed with our girls in bible study Wed. night ( oh, cant wait to write about that one!! ) confessing with your mouth and believing in your heart that Jesus is LORD is giving over to HIM all the rights in this life you think you have. Jesus can't be LORD and you still do what you want.. There is only ONE master, ONE Ruler in this kingdom and baby it ain't you.. I get it, surrendering to Christ daily is what I have to do.. I can't do this thing on my own. I have to let Him control, my actions, my thought, and my desires. What a sweet reminder to me to PREACH The GOSPEL to myself daily, this message isn't just for the lost it's for the saved as well. What joy, freedom and relief it is to be in Jesus!!!!
Thanks friends for all your encouraging comments and prayers.. ( *, LOL.. Zinnada am too through with how you began that comment.. LOL.. thanks for the accountability sister :)

PROMISES TO CLAIM:

Ro 12:3
For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you

-1 Cor. 10:13
"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

Lu 22:46
"Why are you sleeping?" he asked them. "Get up and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.

Mt 26:41
"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

Ro 6:14
"For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace."