Being apart of the covenant and YMCA!

Kevin and I are so thankful for our church home. We have been members of Eastwood PCA for over 6 years now. I cant believe it's been that long. I am so thankful for one because the LORD has really blessed us with genuine relationships there. Now, those relationships took much work, patience. grace and love, but my friends it was so worth it. Every week for the past year almost, kevin and I have receive post cards in the mail from our church telling us that our elders have prayed over us. That's love. When we are missing from church, I either recieve a phone call or a letter from one or many ladies asking how I am doing, where have I been and is there anything we need prayer on. I am constantly being asked to lunch by many of the women in the congregation, wanting to know how they may serve or help delta and I with the middle school and teen age girls in our neighborhood. I really believe the love and prayers of our friends and church family is what the LORD is using to help us persevere in ministry work.





Delta and I have been talking for a while about how good, and fun it would be to have a membership to the YMCA for both of our families. Having a membership here for us ( kings) would give me somewhere other than my den to work out with out being interrupted with a group of 9-11 year old boys wanting to play X BOX ( lol).. It would provide a place for me to bring some of the kids from our neighborhood to swim, it would also give me MANY opportunities to fellowship with other women from my church that I hardly get to see ( this is like the hang spot if you go to our church..just about every stay at home mom from our congregation is there between 8:30am-9:30am) SO, delta and I was talking to one of the ladies in our church whom we seek counsel from and we told her about us wanting a membership.. a couple of weeks later she comes to us and tells us she wants to help..to make a long story short.. she has found a number of people in our congregation that wanted to donate funds to pay for our memberships..a normal memberships is like what $ 53 ( I think) we are paying $20 for a family!!! GOD indeed is a GOD who answers prayer! KEvin and I just did not have it in our budget to pay that full fee and the LORD gave us what we asked for!!! I am sooo excited and so thankful that many wanted to serve us through their giving.. I could go and and on with the things we have experienced with our church body, and I am not just talking about financial. (i.e. accountability from older women, great model of hospitality, many giving a AMAZING example of sufferings.. those of you who attend know what I am saying)
..what a blessing!
Tomorrow before we head out of town for two weeks for our family vacation I will attend my first aerobics class as a official YMCA member! Watch out now!! :)

Lord, what a honor and blessing it is to be apart a body of Christ. I pray that KEvin and I continue to serve and give the body the same grace that you have given us through them. Please keep us from dating the church, but to be a couple that is committed to the body as a whole. Because you have given us all different gifts, we all need one another to bring glory to your name. May we do so starting with where we are with what you have given us. AMEN



Ehpesians 4
12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. 14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.


Ephesians 3
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


1 Corinthians 12
18 But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19 If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20 As it is, there are many parts, but one body. 21 The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it