The Promise

One of the many things that I am most passionate about is women mentoring women!! My goodness!! It is just something that burns, and makes my heart beat so fast to hear stories, and readings of older (mature or more seasoned moms as I like to call them) women teaching the older women about who our GOD is!

Today I had lunch with a more seasoned mom from our church and I cannot even explain the treasures that were given to me. It was such a RICH hour fill with tears, laughter and much Jesus!! I loved every minute of it!!!!!
Anyway, one of the many questions that she asked me were, how was bible study and our time with the teen girls going. First, of all, let me just say how glad I was that she asked that question...today my heart ( my mind, emotions and will) was just in the unknown about some things.. Anyway, I was praying the other day and I specifically asked the LORD to teach me what to think about all this.. I submit to HIS authority in serving him through serving these girls, but something was just not right.. I just could not put my hands on what my issue was..

She then begin to remind me of what God told Abram in Genesis as well as in Hebrews.

Just like Abram, I should trust in the Lord's promises. . Abram was obedient to what GOD told him to do. His trust was not in himself, his words, BUT his TRUST was in knowing that OUR GOD is FAITHFUL and will fulfill EVERY PROMISE that he has said.

John Piper in a sermon on Hebrews 11:7-12 says, "Abraham's faith as "not knowing where he is going" when he set out. In other words, part of the inner response of faith is sometimes perplexity and uncertainty about the details of God's call on our lives. Verse 10a says that the reason Abraham lived in tents instead of building a city was that "he was looking for the city . . . whose architect and builder is God." Faith focuses not on present reward and prosperity, but on God and what he has promised to do. That is its basic reality: it fixes its gaze not on the negative circumstances or the human risks, but on the reality that God will build according to his promises."

This was and at many times is my frustration with ministry.... I know God's call but not the details. Oh, how at times I want to know all the details.... Just as I heard today, my assurance should be in the things hoped for...
Hope of not hearing another girl in our group is pregnant before marriage, hope of not hearing of a abortion (which I believe one is on the verge of getting next week..please pray!!!!!) Hope of the LORD opening their eyes to the reality of their need of HIM....

".....Another thing that I love that Piper says is, "...But they look not to themselves in this uncertainty but to the faithfulness of God and to the kind of thing God can build, and not man. The battle belongs to the Lord. And faith does not focus on all the unknowns and brood over how uncertain things are. Faith lifts up its eyes to the city whose builder and maker is God. It sings the phrase, "ponder anew what the Almighty can do, if with his love he befriend thee." It joins Sarah and considers him faithful who has promised."



In God's word, there are sooo many promises for myself and these girls!!! The last encouraging thing she reminded me of was that Abraham did not live to see the promise of having many descendants. He did not have to live in order to TRUST THE LORD, HE Didn't have to SEE the PROMISE in ORDER to believe that the LORD Would do as HE said.. Abraham just trusted and believed that the LORD would do just as HE said!

wow... what freedom! Talk about provoking one to service, this today, did it for me. :)



Hebrews 11:7-12
By faith Noah, being warned by God about things not yet seen, in reverence prepared an ark for the salvation of his household, by which he condemned the world, and became an heir of the righteousness which is according to faith. 8 By faith Abraham, when he was called, obeyed by going out to a place which he was to receive for an inheritance; and he went out, not knowing where he was going. 9 By faith he lived as an alien in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, fellow heirs of the same promise; 10 for he was looking for the city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God. 11 By faith even Sarah herself received ability to conceive, even beyond the proper time of life, since she considered Him faithful who had promised; 12 therefore, also, there was born of one man, and him as good as dead at that, as many descendants as the stars of heaven in number, and innumerable as the sand which is by the seashore.