There Is No Such Thing As A Nobody



As I pulled up in front of Delta's house the other day, there were so many addicts just walking around, talking and hanging out in front of one of the many drug houses that are in our neighborhood. As I sat in my car, I was listening to the new Lecrae cd ( go get it if you haven't already :) ) and while I sat there this song began to play about who we are in Christ. I begin to get sad but yet, encouraged. Sad, because the image bearers that walk amongst me have no idea who they were created to be. The crack, and heroin and alcohol have became some sort of fulfilment. Because they have no idea of what and who's they are they have resorted to other things... I begin to beg the LORD to reveal himself to them, to show them who they are and what things were suppose to be like for them before the fall.. They are not just A DRUG ADDICT, or A PROSTITUTE, but a beautiful creation of a loving KING who desires and longs for them to know who HE is... They are so important to HIM, so they should be accepted and loved by us as well

The encouragement that came across me was I don't have to believe the lie of the culture that I am anything outside of CHRIST!
I must confess I have struggled so much in the past with how i dress, what designer brand of clothing my child wears, where we live as a family, what talents or gifts I have, how I talk, how I wear my make up, on and on. Is that really who I am??? do I really have to keep up with the culture when it comes to what is the latest style or home accessories ??? What a depressing down ward spiral that is to keep up with. In all our hearts we all long for some acceptance.. we look for it in others, our spouses, our friends, our mentors, ect.. But CHRIST CAME TO put an END to the LONG, painful look for self worth. Those of us who believe in HIM our worth is found in HIM. So what if I am not KNOWN as the girl that rocks the best designer brands, or who's child wears all the latest fashions in shoes and accessories , the woman who's house looks as if it came straight out of the pottery barn catalog, or who drives the latest car. Just as Delta and I talked about with the girls this past wed for bible study.. we were all created in the IMAGE OF GOD, FULLY LOVED, & FULLY EXCEPTED. We are God's little princess who shall not long or want for anything to fulfill them because HE IS OUR GREAT SHEPHERD! I was telling Delta the other day that I feel so FREE! I feel as if such a huge weight has been lifted off of me. Our prayer is that the LORD would continue to reveal to the girls we meet with as well as our own children where their identity is found. To encourage you, below is the song that was playing in my car.. what a relief it is to be in Jesus!!!!

Identity by Lecrae Ft. D.A.Truth & J.R.
(lyrics below are missing a verse..sorry)


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com





(LeCrae)
Hair check, shoes check, brand new fit looking cool check, looking in mirror like "ooooh yes!"/ cover for an insecure dude check/ She wont' feel me and they wont like me if I ain't in them J's or them brand new Nikes/ but lets dig deeper inside you pysche/ when it's all said and done even I don't like me/ He live in the gym and his hair stay faded/ late model car so they think he made it/ but this dude Christian he gave his life/ but he still ain't satisfied in the savior Christ/ still finds his identity looks and cars/ if he only knew that he ain't have to look so hard/ If looked in God though it may seem odd he be so satisfied he could leave it all/

(Chorus)
I'm not the shoes I wear. I'm not the clothes I buy/
I'm am not the house I live in/ I'm not the car I drive , NO, I'm not the job I work you, you cant define my worth, by nothing on God's green earth, my Identity is found in CHRIST, its found in CHRIST


**2nd Verse:N/A


(LeCrae)
Got her hair done, toes and nails/is that Her? well it's hard to tell/ cause she's caked up in so much make up/ it's like she's tryna make up for what she ain't but/ she's a saint/ but so confused/ cause she's been rejected by all these dudes/ that tell her on a scale of 10 she's a two/ but that ain't true if she only knew/ In Christ she is loved she secure and accepted/ She'll never be rejected by God who's elected her/ Her beauty is her Godliness/ and she ain't gotta try to flaunt it cause it's obvious/ Identity is found in the God we trust/ Any other identity will self destruct

(Chorus)
I'm not the shoes I wear. I'm not the clothes I buy/
I'm am not the house I live in/ I'm not the car I drive , NO, I'm not the job I work you, you cant define my worth, by nothing on God's green earth, my Identity is found in CHRIST, its found in CHRIST


Genesis 1
27 So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.




Ephesians 1
3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5he[c] predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace 8that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. 9And he[d] made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.
11In him we were also chosen,[e] having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory.



1 Peter 1:18
18For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, 19but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect. 20He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake. 21Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God.