Christians and Politics-A note posted by a friend

I was soo encouraged this morning when I read this post by Sho Baraka on his facebook page. Please take the them time to read this.. I would love to hear your thoughts.
I could not agree with him more ....

****************************************************************

"Please forgive my cursory and brevity, I wrote this while in an airport. I've been reading some blogs/notes/and articles from some respectable brothers and sisters in the faith and I have to admit I'm somewhat troubled. I'm no expert or Genius but let me share. My concern is not that "christians" are communicating interest in the current election. Nor is my concern that "christians" are stating flaws in a particular candidate's policy. My concern is that it seems that some many christians have imputed righteousness into a candidate because of two issues (both Dem and GOP). Others place their allegiance with candidates because of Race. Many are following Moral Majority trends set by the church without evaulating real truths. Some follow candidates because of historical representation of a particular movement in time.

For my brothers and sister who have biblical convictions, what does the scriptures say? Now this is where my conservative brothers think they have it right. Just let me cut to the chase cuz I' pressed for time.

Govt was never the means by which God wanted to rule his people. Theocracy was always the heart of our God. 1 Samuel 7-9 shows Israel's flaw in wanting a system where God was not in control. Samuel would communicate the flaw in this system but they still wanted it.

The church depended on one another for resources in Acts. Never did they attempt to change the world thru govt. Communism at its core!!! thats shocking. The apostles never taught us to strategically invest our time into politics. Romans 13 is mishandled (I believe) but it communicates to be submissive and obey authorities. Govt's concern is for the majority. The churches concern is for everyone. Poor, Rich, educated, uneducated, widows,families, foreign, native, greek and jew. We all share in all things.

Jesus was a man who could change the landscape of Govt if he wanted but he knew the flaws in a natural kingdom. The only time he concerned himself with govt was to be submissive. Pay Taxes and obey laws, that dont contradict is heavenly authority. Should we vote a christian into office so we can be a Christian nation. Constantine type rule. When Christian were getting slaughtered, they had no choice but to keep themselve from govt allegiance. We can not legislate morality nor christian convictions. Non believers will behave as nonbelievers. It the job of Christians to turn the world upside down with the Gospel. And only the church can do that.


I dont see Christ or any of his disciples fighting for Govt to fix the ails of this world. It cant and it wont. McCain nor Obama will progress the church directly. They may pass policies that aid our cause. But thats not reason to place righteousness on a party. Cuz both have issues. From Abortion to Social constructs. No evil is lesser than the other.

Let the Church do the Job
thanks for your time...."