He Brought Me From A Mighty Long Way


( my old high school picture)


"Is it biblical to say that the greatest thing in the word is to be saved? Well, of course, the greatest thing in the world is GOD. The reason being saved is the greatest experience in the world is because GOD is the greatest Person in the world, and being saved means being rescued from sin and damnation to know and enjoy God forever. If GOD were not the greatest Reality in the universe, being saved to be with him would not be the greatest thing in the universe." -John Piper

I rejoice over my salvation this morning! After I became a christian I read Ephesians 2:13 that says: But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. This verse became my life verse....a verse I would always remember..It wraps up my whole life before Christ entered into it. The song that you hear playing over on the player is my cry out to the LORD this morning... He has brought me so far. I love the family that the LORD had chosen me to be raised under, and they did they best they could with what they knew how, with the resources that were available to them. I grew up with no dad around. My mother was very young when I was born ( 16 years old) so that resulted in grandma raising me. I love my mother, and I am rejoicing as well over her because now she also is walking with the LORD! Praise God.

Not having a dad around or mother I clinged to the streets and peers to be that fulfillment that I was looking for. When I reflect over my life today I am amazed and in AWE of the Holy Spirit and HIS power to make all things new. You are reading the writings of a former crack maker, who's ex boyfriend was one of the biggest drug dealers in our neighborhood, promiscuous, ex thief , wanna be gang banger, enemy of God, arrested and wanted in connection/questioning of a shooting/mob action of a childhood friend. (I was not charged with anything ..PRAISE GOD!)

Yes, He has brought me from a mighty long way....Jesus is so good ya'll, isnt He?! I marvel at His hands, the work of His love in my heart...All things are new, I grew up not seeing healthy marriages and now I have one... I grew up hearing that children are a burden, dont have them, and I once believed the same things.. now I am a proud mama! I grew up seeing dads missing from the homes of all my friends...and now I am witnessing my husband raise Kaiya, a testimony that she will never have. All things are new, rejoice with me over YOUR SALVATION...Meditate upon His PRECEPTS THIS MORNING and look where He brought you from!

There is no doubt that my past was what it was, despite my sin and shortcomings...The LORD Is using it in my HOOD