He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, he lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves those who live justly. The LORD watches over the immigrant and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. -Psalm 146:7-9

Monday, November 3, 2008

Reality

"And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace."-Jeremiah 29:7



Below is a picture of what my husband found out in our front yard. No, I am not talking about the candle I got for FREE at BATH AND BODY WORKS that has my home smelling oh, so good! (Thanks Delta!!) I am talking about the shell from a 45 Winchester auto...not really sure if that came from the gun fight we heard last week..or from a woman who had just got our of jail and was trying to kill her ex boyfriend in our yard...


I sat at home that day and thought.."Wow...this is our reality.....this is not a book I am reading, this is not some hollywood movie I am watching..this is real life for us"

whatever the case..I need to pray more for my city, and in that praying I believing the LORD hears and he will do all that HE has promied to bring many to himself. I love the heart and this quote from a new dear friend of mine when she says " I cant wait to see the day my family and yours will be out of a job because of the work the LORD has done in our hood"

I hope I quoted her correctly...oh what a day that will be!!!