Outside Of The Norm



" kevin, we just not use to seeing black males spending time with us like you do, we are use to black males being junkies, drug dealers, or in prison...that's all we see in our neighborhood"



"Peanut" is 11 years old and has given his life to the LORD. He is such a sweet kid. All the boys are. Kevin a while back took 23 young guys to the movies. They had a blast!! Some of the guys were very overwhelmed by his time and service to them. They just kept thanking him and thanking him the whole night for what for what he was doing for them..It kinda made kevin feel really weird. But after they explained why, he understood. Each time I sit with my hubbie and he shares this story with supporters of the ministry or friends, I just get a little emotional and very encouraged... Black men as you can see when you turn to FOX, or CNN for that matter...most of the time are portrayed in a bad light. For these kids to see a BLACK man married, spending time with his family and being a positive influence in his neighborhood , does something to their faith, as well as gives them a very different outlook on who they too could be. I am so proud of my husband and VERY, VERY much thankful to the LORD for using him is such a powerful way.. It's situations like these that helps me to see the HOPE that is in my HOOD!
So to all my christian BLACK bothers out there ( no offense to my other brothers in the Lord) I applaud you for showing the world/media what the truth is..Not ALL of us are making the same choices.. I PRAISE GOD for that!

Amen!!