He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, he lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves those who live justly. The LORD watches over the immigrant and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. -Psalm 146:7-9

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Love



As i put kaiya to bed tonight I asked her what was her favorite bible verse..and she quoted..word, for word


1 Corinthians 13:1-5
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.



I lack love in so many different ways....how convicting, yet encouraging to hear from the mouth of a babe...I am so thankful for the family the LORD has placed me in. This whole time I have been sick, they have loved me in so many ways..I am so much more content, and humbled by the LOVE God has for me. Tonight I was reminded yet again that we, the Kings lack nothing when it comes to Jesus.. He is our all in all! I also was reminded that, no matter what I do here in the hood, if LOVE is not my motivation...it does not mean a thing..... I pray that I remember that....