The Light


It's been raining fish and chips here in the south!! (well, you know.. i didn't want to say cats and dogs) Today as I sat at the computer listening to music thinking about the goodness of the LORD there was such a depressing overcast. As I looked up at the sky I was thinking, "Lord, this is what our hood looks like so many times, so dark, so depressing." I wake up some mornings thinking when will it all end, the poverty, the murders, the teen pregnancies, the rapes, the drugs, so many wasted lives, so many drug addicts walking up and down the streets night after night after night..Then, all of a sudden, the sun comes out...my mind begins to shift..the SON did come..to put a end to the darkness, the overcast...the depression. The Son, so full of LIGHT, Light that cannot live in darkness..where darkness cannot live...The Son who brings Hope..I am thankful for this moment for this ray of light the LORD allowed me to witness as I sat here. These days will soon come to a end... my hood will one day be completely REDEEMED...no need for missionaries, no need for community revitalization... For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

I am looking forward to living all eternity in The city that does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.- Revelation 21:23

Amen