Trying To Keep Up


Life is crazy here on Westcott right now! Its the summer, and with the summer comes, kids up early to play at your house,kids running in and out of your house, summer camp, girls dressing immodestly,prostitutes walking the streets, random guns shots all through out the day and night, police busts,so on and so on. With all that is going on, the temptation could be to not rest,to worry, to become overwhelmed with it everything. Now, by no means am I saying I have it all together and that I don't become overwhelmed with it all, in fact, as I was sitting at a neighbors house the other day, I watched her hamster run repeatedly on his wheel, and I thought "just like this hamster, I cant keep up with it all..my God, this is a bit much"

But later on that day, and tonight for that matter, I begin to think about how its not meant for me to keep up...its not meant for me to try to have it "all together", its not meant for me to keep everything "perfect" along with the life the LORD has called my family to live. I mean, we from the beginning have wanted,and still do, to see the face of Jesus. We see him when we cant rely on our own strength, when we noticed we cant keep it all together, when we know we are inadequate for the task that lies ahead of us.
Dependent:relying on or requiring a person or thing for support, supply, or what is needed;contingent on something else

Dependence is the key to see the LORD in every moment of our day. Its not that we need to fail to see Jesus, because there is no such thing,when you have the Cross of Christ that has covered every "failure" you will ever have,what I am learning is that, its in those moments of weakness I find myself calling out to this SAVIOR of mine.
So,for me,I pray its the same for you, the chaos in your life will turn into a sign of encouragement and joy because,here you are provided with endless opportunities to see Jesus and rely completely on Him for strength,rest,and help!
Again,I believe for me, the chaos is a reminder from the LORD that we,as a family, are providentially, right where we should be. :)


Promises to Claim:



"In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling."
-Exodus 15:13

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me-"
Psalm 23:4

"But now, this is what the LORD says- he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers,they will not sweep over you.When you walk through the fire,you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD, your God.."
- Isaiah 43:1-3