God's Timing Is Always Perfect

"In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."Luke 15:10

We are back from Camp Blue Lake and it was amazingly fun, challenging and oh so encouraging! I just want to stop and give honor to a GOD who answers prayers! Do you remember me being so discouraged about the ups and downs of ministry with girls?! Watching someone waste their life is never fun, watching them reject the Gospel day after day is never easy. The CGM fam have labored in prayer for a least a year in a half over the lives of the SLAM! teens and teen boys in our hood. Of course we are praying for others, but I specifically want to call them out because they played a huge part in the beginning of our ministry here.

Waiting on the LORD to change the hearts of the these girls( and guys) have been ONE of the most sanctifying thing I have had to deal with. The LORD has ultimately taught me and reminded me that SALVATION comes from HIM, I am not in control of what happens to a person. His kingdom will consist of all those that HE has ordained to be a part. I have learned sooo much patience. I cant say that I have not sinned in having to wait, because I have. Oh, boy have I. God was and still is gracious. I am humbled that HE would want to hear from little sinful me. I am really, truly, amazed at how a person can be sooo lost one day then within hours their vision of the Gospel becomes 20/20 and they begin to see the LORD so clearly, as HE wants them to see HIM...as SAVIOR.

Kevin spent about 40 minutes sharing the gospel, (yet again) with a young lady I am sure you remember me talking a great deal about. In that 40 minutes, he reminded her again how she was wasting her life and how she may not have another chance to come to know the LORD. He explained to her again how TODAY was the day for salvation. He reminded her of how the LORD brought her into our lives and explained to her HIS sovereignty in her life up till this point. They spent the next couple of minutes just talking about her being a enemy of God and how the LORD wanted to redeem her from HIS wrath to come.( how I wish I could have you all over for some lemonade and share the story in detail..goose bumps) The story ended with her balling in tears basically telling Kevin she was ready to give her life to LORD, she told him she wanted me to come and pray with her. I begin to encourage her more and we then sat and prayed and cried, and prayed and cried some more. I cannot even....
I mean... I, cannot express how I was feeling at that moment. I just sat there on my knees in the rain and dirt and praised the LORD for her new life. I mean, this girls heart was sooo harden..Delta and I use to sit after bible study in tears about how hostile she was towards the Gospel, yet, she was always the one asking the most questions, being real and oh so honest about how she felt about the LORD commandments.

God is so inexhaustible!!! I cant fathom him, His power, or His ways, yet, I know Him as SAVIOR...I have a relationship with HIM, and so does this once hard hearted teen!!! Oh, God I rejoice over the works of your hands! Your WISDOM is amazing, your timing is EVER SO PERFECT!! May I never forget what you have done today!! I pray I always remember!!
Please keep this new sister in your prayers. Pray that she hunger and thirst for righteousness more than her daily bread.


God is sooo good ya'll!!