The Terror by Night: Finding God's Shalom When Tragedy Strikes


Job lamented, “What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded has happened to me.” What do you do when disaster comes to your house? Where is Jesus when your family is wounded in the midst of your call? This workshop encourages veterans and newcomers with practical ways to find God’s shalom in the midst of suffering.
-Garriot


Here is a link from the CCDA 2008 conference class on suffering in the hood. Speaker is Maria Garriott, author of 'A Thousands Resurrections' If you have not read this book, you have to..like NOW!!!!!! GO!!!

I hope this sermon encourages you as much as it has me and my husband. Maria will share with you her life while involved in incarnational ministry as well as the some of the suffering that came along with that, as well as how the LORD is healing them and help them to cope. Would love to hear your thoughts when you are done.

Be Encouraged fam! :)

Philippians 3:9-11

and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith. I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead.