He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, he lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves those who live justly. The LORD watches over the immigrant and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. -Psalm 146:7-9
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Just wanted to post a couple of prayer request and quick updates on what we have going on! Thanks so much for standing in the gap for us as we desire to see the Shalom of God in our city.
- Pray that as families and staff we are consistent in the WORD daily and that we would guard our time with the LORD at all cost!
- Pray for our families. That they remain a priority. Pray as well that EVERY family will continue to have a consistent DATE NIGHT. We may even need to hire a special CGM sitter to make sure that this happens! PLEASE pray that the LORD provides one. Our families are VERY important to us. Those who do urban ministry know that it is very easy to become consumed with our neighbors and forget our FIRST PRIORITY! PRAY that we protect our family time.
- Ministry Building is under HEAVY renovations!! We have called all parents and informed that Tutoring will begin on the 31st. Please pray that we can get this building COMPLETED BY MONDAY!!! Our staff is working hard at making that happen :)
-On Tuesday Evening we have our FIRST EVER MENS BIBLE STUDY going on in one of the barber shops in our hood. Kevin attended last night and he tells me that it was VERY POWERFUL! It began with two of the dads of a few kids in our camp. They wanted to impact many of their old running mates for Jesus. The LORD is at work friends! Please pray for these men. All of our men staff is involved. There were a total of 18 in attendance last night! Praise GOD!
- Housing. WE are still in need of Housing for our staff. The desire is to have everyone in the neighborhood by next summer if not sooner!!! PLEEEESE PRAY!!! There are tons of abandon houses all around us, but there is sooo much legal stuff that has to be pan out as well as funds that HAVE to raised in order for this to happen.
- Please keep the the THREE new Christians I have mentioned before in your prayers. (two are getting married) Pray that the LORD gives them a STRONG desire for righteousness as well as cultivate a LOVE for HIS WORD. All three are doing well and are bearing much fruit! Praise the LORD for that!
-Pray for Joshua. He is our new staff member that heads up college ministry here at Alabama State University. A lot of times college students learn how to do ministry while on campus but very seldom do they learn how to live out their faith in their communities. Joshua job is to teach and train the students in what it means to love their neighbors. Please pray for his impact with the students he is leading as well as for the LORD to raise up mature female leaders who could assist him. Womens ministry on this campus is greatly needed. Check out his blog here if you have not already.
- We are in NEED of more after school TUTORS!!!! I forgot to mention that above! PRAY that the LORD brings them in abundantly!!
-PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT our fund raiser we have going on. www.6000feetaway.com! Please SHARE ON YOUR BLOGS, TWITTER UPDATES, FACEBOOK, EVERYWHERE!! We rejoice as we are already at 21%! Thanks to many of you! You guys are the best!!
-Lastly, thank God for you. You have been the Barnabas in our lives and for that we are thankful! :)