I'm Just Thankful


Well, helloooo blog friends! I am at home resting, and resting, and resting some more! I almost hate to leave the house because I have been gone so much this summer! I really have not had the time to go anywhere, due to us deciding to homeschool kai this year! yikes! I have been swapped this week with guest and homeschooling research. I think I am finally coming to an end and will begin schooling her the first week of September ( LORD WILLING). Please keep us in your prayers. School has begun for all the neighborhood kids and some how, after being with us for 9 weeks they still manage to find their way to my sofa after 2:45 everyday. A mentor of mine says " it's Jesus, they cannot resists Christ aroma that is evidently in your home" I'll take that anyday :)
Our building is said to be complete on the 23rd or 24!! How exciting is that!? Please be in prayer for the final phase as well as TUTORING that will be underway the end of the month! We would love more volunteers, never can have enough of them.

We have another wedding coming up in December!! We are thrilled because this couple has been involved in our ministry for a while now. The guy met Kevin and Bk earlier on during the time our homes were being renovated. He and his girl friend have 5 kids and have been living together for years. Both have some seriously rough backgrounds. From drugs, molestation, teen pregnancy, jail time, past abusive relationships,ect.. The most joyous thing about them is that they both know the LORD now as their Savior. He became a believer through CGM and she has witness the change in him and has decided to follow the LORD as well. All of our staff and some of our kids were asked to be a apart of the wonderful ceremony! She and I talked on the phone the other day and she was in tears just explaining how thankful she was to the LORD for sending us(CGM) to the hood. She continued to explain how she could not imagine her life without Jesus, and how it brought her happiness to know all of us would be in their wedding. She says she choose all of us because we have shown them the love of Jesus and have been there for them and she believes we will continue to be there even past the ceremony. She is correct. :)

Please keep this couple in your prayers. As exciting as they are about getting married, they still have a great deal of things to work through. Please pray that the LORD gives them the grace to not look at their circumstances but at Him.Pray as well that they are able to have the ceremony she wants. One that is honoring to the LORD and not in a court house. She says" I grew up in the court house so I definitely don't want my wedding there"

I love how the LORD gives beauty for ashes, don't you?!