From Enemies to Friends


I am everywhere in this season of life. I just began my first year of homeschooling and I tell you what, adding that to urban ministry puts a whole new spin on things. I felt like I was about to pass out the other day (LOL). God is good and His faithfulness and His love endures forever. There is no way I could do this in my own strength. Thank you Father.

Last night, a few of the staff wives along with two other moms and a teen from our neighborhood attended a women's dinner at our local church. It was great! As I have said in other post, having a single female staff member has been such a blessing! Keisha is available to minster and do things that me and some of the others wives don't at times have the freedom to do. I am loving how the LORD is using her to minister to sooo many of the single moms in our hood. The LORD definitely knew what we needed, and His timing could not have been perfect.

When you live in the neighborhood you minister too, at times you wrestle with the feelings of wanting to be alone. Alone in a sense of not wanting to be around the people the LORD has called you to minister to. It can get very overwhelming at times when you know that there is always going to be people around who just want to be under you or need something from you. This is why as a staff we are serious about our date nights as well as our special family nights throughout the week. This is no nine to five and work ends. Its a lifestyle. Yesterday I was thinking, "why did I invite the girls from our neighborhood to come along?"
This could have been a time for me to chill, get some me time( I know..that sounds so selfish) with others I have not seen in soo long. Now, I am not saying if I decided to take that route that I am in sin or wrong in any kind of way. I was just asking myself these questions because I really was trying to examine my heart. Then it dawned on me, these are my friends. Women who at one point, who's hearts were hostile to the gospel, and who really didn't want to hear a thing I had to say about the LORD, have opened up to me in a way I would have never imagined. We talk on the phone, they come and visit me and sometimes bring goodies when I am sick in bed. We laugh together, we cry together, we pray for them and with them, we have endless conversation at times about the Lord's forgiveness, and redemptive work in our hearts.
I wanted to spend last night with them. I wanted them to be encouraged in their walks with the LORD as well as meet other sisters who were walking out faith just as they were. As I have said many times, where I thought only I would be the teacher in these relationships, I became a student and mutual transformation began to take place. I am thankful of the reminder of how the LORD calls me, a sinner saved by grace...a friend :) I love Lord's way of doing things don't you?


Please continue to pray for the hearts of all the moms that are being ministered to. Pray for my heart as well, that I would remember why the LORD has given my salvation as well as himself. I want to share Him with everyone I meet.


Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.- John 15:13