Tough Pill To Swallow



Can I just say that I am upset. I am so angry with the way this world operates. My heart just does not understand, why...
Why are there millions of orphans dying in Africa and then you turn around and tell me I have to come up with all this money (which I dont have) to love and care for them. What am I suppose to do with all the verses that I read in the bible that tells me my responsibility towards them, and none of them includes being RICH!!!!

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.- James 1:27

"Whoever receives such a child in my name receives me; but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to stumble, it is better for him that a heavy millstone be hung around his neck, and that he be drowned in the depth of the sea." Matthew 18:3-6.

"He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the alien, giving him food and clothing."
Deuteronomy 10:17-18

"Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed." Psalms 82:3-4

"Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow." Isaiah 1:17

"Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan." Exodus 22:23-24

"Do what is just and right. Rescue from the hand of his oppressor the one who has been robbed. Do no wrong or violence to the alien, the fatherless or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place." Jeremiah 22:3

"Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other." Zechariah 7:9-10

"Do not deprive the alien or fatherless of justice, or take the cloak of a widow as a pledge." Deuteronomy 24:17


I am struggling with trying to reconcile the two. Maybe it's that the LORD wants me, personally, to understand that this is not the way that HE WOULD best be glorified in my life (adoption). That's a tough one to swallow, especially when you see such a GREAT NEED. Please join me today in praying for the orphans around the world.