Choosing Gratitude


Its great to be back home. Kevin and I were so excited to see Kai. She really is a blessing and so much fun to be around. When we walked in the door last night we were greeted with balloons, flowers and a huge WELCOME HOME sign she and aunt Jo Jo made while we were away. Instructing and training this little girl in righteousness has not been easy, yet I would not trade it for anything in the world. I have learned, that most of the frustrations that I have dealt with in my parenting was due to my own sins. yuck! I am so impatient, quick to get angry, and very controlling. I am so thankful that the LORD does not deal with us according to our sins. I am just as thankful that He has promised to complete this great work He is producing in me. I am growing in what it means to ENJOY my little girl. She really is not a big hassle. Its me and my perfectionism that tends to mess things up. She is getting so BIG! Kai will be turning seven in February. She is doing great in homeschooling, she enjoys her ballet and art classes, she gets super excited about going to the bible studies I teach in the neighborhood. This girl LOOOOVES HER BIBLES!!! She is spending time in the word everyday (and she reads her bible on her own before bed), now I don't say this to make you think I am doing something fantastic over here, or for you to comment and tell me how great of a parent I am,( please don't get it twisted..ahaha) I am simply writing this because I want to remind myself of the things GOD, I will say his name again...GOD is doing in the heart of a sinner. I pray everyday that her heart does not turn to idols, and that she does not fall in love with this fallen world, but with this AMAZING, HOLY, POWERFUL and SOVEREIGN GOD that created her in His image. I am choosing gratitude over the life of my miracle child.

Thank you LORD for such a precious gift. I pray we steward over her well.
Amen.