And A Child Shall Lead Them......



You know..... the life of a Christian is one full of uncertainties. You never know how the LORD is going to reveal your heart, or who He will use to humble you. This past Saturday I had a run in with one of the local teens who is very disrespectful and full of lies. I confronted him about messing with some of the girls who were at my home for a sleepover this weekend, and of course as usual he lied to me and said he was not doing what the girls accused him of. I left the girls as well as my six year old out in the car as I ran into a friends home. I come out and find all the girls upset, apparently this 17 yr old had been using filthy language towards the girls. My daughter hears him saying words that he should not and she tells him "E, if you don't stop cursing you will go to hell" ( okay...now we are not training a little legalist in our home, I guess because she has never heard such words she just assume that those things he is saying will place him in eternal punishment...oops)

Kevin and I were explaining to a friend of ours that this young guy, when you confront him with the truth of the scripture or say anything to him about the Lord and his soul...He flips out as if he is demon possessed or something. He (the guy my daughter says that too) looks at her and says "shut up you B****, you little H**, I will get my little cousin to beat your a**"


So I am heated at this point, all kinds of bitterness and hatred is creeping up within my heart. I call my husband and explain to him what happens and he assures me when he gets home he will definitely take care of it.
Because I have been studying gratitude in my times alone with God, I begin to ask Him LORD how do I choose thankfulness in this situation. I am angry at this teenager for talking to my daughter in such a hurtful way. Praise God that she did not know what any of those words meant, all she knew was he was using words that she knows you are not suppose to use.

Kevin puts kai down for bed that night and after their bible reading they begin to pray. They talk about the importance of praying for our neighbors (as we always talk about) and he ask her was there anything she wanted to specifically pray about. She says " I want to pray for E."

She begins to ask the Lord to help him to not say hurtful words, as well as for HIM to LOVE JESUS.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

What an example the LORD had set up before Kevin and I, what an answer to my prayers of wanting to choose thankfulness in this situation and really needing to see what it was I could be thankful for.

Yesterday, as we were leaving for our family day out, E. rolled up on his bike. Kevin ask him to come over to the car and he being to explain to him how in spite of him talking to kai like he did, she prayed for him the night before. She just put his head down. Kevin then ask him " what do you need to say?" "E" tells kai that he is sorry...Kevin says "sorry for what"? "E" says "for cursing you out" kai looks at him and says with all sincerity in her face and eyes...( my husband says)

" I forgive you"


My prayer is that " E" at that moment experienced God in a way he had never before. I pray that the seed that the LORD used my daughter to plant would later grow into a healthy firm tree.....planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. I was reminded that day how I am to love my enemies and my neighbors.

I was reminded of the weight the LORD has taken off of us all..by forgiving us of our sins and not counting any of them against us.


Blessed is the man whose sin the LORD does not count against him and in whose spirit is no deceit- Psalm 32:2

Bless the LORD, O my soul, And all that is within me, bless His holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from the pit, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; Who satisfies your years with good things.... -Psalm 103:1-5