The Impossible






Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God." - Luke 18:27


I have had the most amazing two days. I have been challenged , convicted and encouraged with all that the LORD is doing around me, through me and through the hearts of my neighbors. Tonight I was a apart of a women's bible study where we are studying the book of First John. So many of my neighbors had some of the most encouraging things to say. I am having the chance to witness women who's hearts were as stubborn as a mule become mush in the presence and knowledge of our Lord and Savior. Last night during our second church plant meeting, one of the guys who live in our community, made one of the most powerful and refreshing comments. When asked, what are somethings you would like to see in our future church plant.. his response in so many words were, I want us to be a people who pray and believe the LORD for the impossible. The Impossible? Well, just what does that mean?

He goes on to say, we are to live our lives in such a way where everyone around us cant help but to say, "man, that gots to be God doing that!!"

The impossible my friends. I believe when Kevin and I first came into this ministry I was trusting the LORD for the impossible. Then, I believe something sad happen. I stop believing. When I stopped believing, I stop seeing and started to miss out on all that He was doing in and around me. That statement lit something in me last night. I left asking, begging the LORD to help me to trust him with the impossible. Tonight, I saw just that.

There is NO WAY.. I mean NO WAY women who once were at odds with one another, (or complete strangers for that matter ) who did not trust one another could sit peacefully together and share their hearts about broken marriages, abusive relationships, struggles with parenting, their faith in Christ without the POWER of LORD.

There is NO WAY, a group of women (or men) could cross racial barriers and form the most loving, and intimate relationships with one another apart from the POWER OF THE GOSPEL.

There is NO WAY, a woman could look a man in the face who molested her and say " I forgive you" apart from the grace of the LORD.

There is NO WAY, a man could respond in love (in tears)towards a person who spits in his face because he doesn't want to hear the truth of the gospel. The man weeps because he knows that his enemies are not prepared for Christ return.

The transformation that is happening in our hood is all because the LORD has done the impossible. The bible clearly teaches that with GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. Jesus himself has even said.. "Everything is possible for him who believes." I am and was convicted over my unbelief.

Lives are being transformed right before my eyes, marriages are being restored right before my eyes, dads are returning home right before my eyes. The Impossible friends. Things that are impossible with man, BUT VERY MUCH POSSIBLE WITH THE LORD! I must remove the lens of unbelief and trust the LORD to do the impossible in my marriages, in my parenting, in my hood. Only then will I be able to see all that the LORD is doing around, and through me.

Solo Christo.....