I have Hidden Thy Word In My Heart...


“I know of no other single practice in the Christian life more rewarding, practically speaking, than memorizing Scripture. . . . No other single exercise pays greater spiritual dividends! Your prayer life will be strengthened. Your witnessing will be sharper and much more effective. Your attitudes and outlook will begin to change. Your mind will become alert and observant. Your confidence and assurance will be enhanced. Your faith will be solidified” (Growing Strong in the Seasons of Life [Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1994], p. 61).


I love the WORD! I mean, I really, really love reading Gods word! I get excited about many things, but to get together with some godly sisters and to hear what the LORD is teaching them and how He is transforming their hearts... *sighing* its like heaven on earth!!!


I have recently committed to participating in the new Revive our Hearts Scripture Memory challenge. For the month of January we are in the book of 1 Peter. Scripture memory has sooo many long lasting eternal affects. To name a few, memorizing scripture I have learned help makes our gaze on Jesus steadier and clearer, it helps us to daily win the fight over sin, helps us to daily win the fight over Satan, helps one to communicate the gospel to non believers, I always see it helps me to comfort and counsel the people I love, lastly it helps me to commune with God in the enjoyment of His person and ways .


I am excited to be a part of this challenge, its soo beneficial, wont you join me?!