Longing For Redemption

I had the chance to get out of the house today. I visited my girl D, went to lunch with a mom in our neighborhood. The Lord even gave me the opportunity to encourage a young man with some family issues he is dealing with. The Lord lead me to have a conversation with one neighbor who wanted me to see her home,( I am suppose to go visit with her tomorrow) she begins to share with me her living conditions,which is in one of the worst conditions I have ever heard. (Lead poison, mold,ect.) Words cannot describe what is happening in my head/heart every time I think about this. There are so many needs. My neighbors are struggling to live, struggling to make ends meet day to day. I mean, we are talking about 30 and 40 year old men and women who cant read and write, which effect EVERYTHING around them!

Everything I saw and heard today was VERY overwhelming. We in America sit here in our little comfortable bubbles,with our HUGE bank accounts, consuming material possessions that will eventually burn up!!!We worry... (and I do mean we cause I am talking about myself)about some many things that are not even worth the time worrying about. AHH!!!!!!!!!!!! I can just yell!!! I am soo upset, and frustrated and angry at how easy we have it. People around me don't have much, but they are smiling, they are fighting, I mean fighting for JOY for real!!! Oh, I am sooo convicted. We are ready to through in the towel when our car break down or the coffee machine don't work. I am so sick to my stomach at our culture and the things we give our hearts away to, when we should be trying to give those things away to the LORD. Placing them at His disposal to do whatever HE PLEASES with them.
I am faced tonight to yet again search my heart, and come to an agreeance with the LORD on where my treasure is. I must also trust the LORD knows the needs of my hood, I really believe that He hears their cries, he sees the injustice, and He will one day, one day... make all things new!!! Lord, may it be soon!!

Isaiah 65:17
"Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

- Matthew 6:20-22
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. "The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light.

-Psalm 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me,and lead me in the way everlasting.