Dabar(Promise) /Trusting God


Today's Promise (Dabar) comes from

Isaiah 58:11-12

"......The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame.You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings. "


Just when I think I cant go on the Lord comes along to reveal his faithfulness. Last night I witnessed this verse happen before my eyes. To be honest, I see it almost everyday I walk into our ministry building and hear the the stories of the kids, their parents, their grandparents. I watch the Lord work in my husband life as well as my daughters. Last night I sat in on Keisha's bible study where the topic was Gods Sovereignty. The question raised was "Can I trust God?" and "What does that look like"? Oh it was so encouraging, women sharing real life struggles dealing with parenting, marriage, friendships. It was perfect and so intimate(there were only 4 of us there) God showed up and reminded us of His love, grace and mercy. He convicted us as well over our unbelief. Yet, we all left with this sense of freedom and confidence in knowing our God is in control. Keisha taught that there are many reasons we can trust God, and she gave us three to look at- 1. Because He is in control. 2. Because He is Good. 3. Because He is faithful. Here are a few of the verses we looked at last night:


Then Job replied to the LORD :"I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted. -Job 42:1


"....also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will" -Ephesians 1:11


"...The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him.."- Lamentations 3 (we read the whole chapter)


"The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made." -Psalm 145


" And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers." -Romans 8:28


"Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what he has made crooked? When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future." -Ecclesiastes 7:13-14

and many more......

This bible study was so on time. So many people around us are struggling it what this looks like to walk with the Lord during hard times and distress. The Lord used my sister last night to be a restorer of broken walls, restorer of streets with dwellings...As I was driving home, my daughter wanted to know about those persecuted for their faith. In our home we receive a magazine about the persecuted church that she and I read from time to time, and just recently (call me crazy) she and I sat down and watched a video of our brothers in the faith over in India get stoned,trampled and beaten for believing in Jesus. Last night she asked me in the car "mama, those people who don't love God that killed the people who really love Jesus, why do you think God allowed that to happen? What didn't He save them?"

What a perfect opportunity I had to share with her what faith was and what it meant to TRUST the LORD. Most of what we had just discussed in Keisha's bible study. God does not waste anything we go through. Even the things our children see, hear or experience, all of it can be used to point them back to a loving, merciful Savior. I choose joy and gratitude for where I am today. I am confident as a family we are dead smack in the Lords will.





*that has gots to be one of my most favorite pic above..I am so in love with the kids!!*