The God I Trust In


*I was driving down one of my streets the other day and saw this similar image. From what I am told it could mean a gang is marking the boundaries of their territory, or gang members creating a place of memorial for where they lost a member, or crack dealers advertising their presence in the neighborhood, or it could be some bully taunting some poor defenseless child by taking his sneakers and throwing them out of his reach, whatever the case, I knew it was NOT a good sign.**



Its near summer, and you know what that means for some hoods... Shoot outs, high speed chase, wild parties, missing kids,murders, half naked men and women out on the streets, police raids, hatred and racism,ect,ect.

I have witnessed all of the above just within the past 2 weeks. Every time around this year, (which I know these things happen all year round, for some reason they come out heavier during the spring and summer) I think I am ready and I never am. My heart is so broken for my city. I have been discouraged about many things pertaining to ministry. I know some of us in our PCA or reformed circles don't like to talk much about spiritual warfare and Satan, but my LORD, he is real and he is on the prowl. Its biblical people, and you don't need to a Pentecostal to be believe that. Get over it.
I am so thankful for God's word and all the comfort, peace and HOPE it brings. I have been meditating on different passages that speak of Gods SOVEREIGN control over all things. Satan has no power over Gods kingdom purposes and the battle is already won. But, as I look out on my streets, I see him at work, controlling the minds of those who are lost, I see a war against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Remembering and focusing on the TRUTH of the scriptures are sooo important for me right now.....


Ps. 22:27-28
All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations will worship before Thee. For the kingdom is the Lord's, and He rules over the nations.

Ps. 33:14,15
From His dwelling place He looks out on all the inhabitants of the earth, He who fashions the hearts of them all, He who understands all their works.

Ps. 86:9
All nations whom Thou hast made shall come and worship before Thee, O Lord; and they shall glorify Thy name.

Isaiah 55:11
So shall my word be which goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me empty, without accomplishing what I desire, and without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.


Lam. 2:17

The Lord has done what He purposed; He has accomplished His word which He commanded from days of old.

Heb. 8:8-12
"Behold days are coming", says the Lord, "when I will effect a new covenant....I will put my laws into their minds, and I will write them on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be My people....for all shall know Me, from the least to the greatest of them. For I will be merciful to their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more. Lam. 3:37-39
Who is there who speaks and it comes to pass, unless the Lord has commanded it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both good and evil go forth? Why should any living mortal, or any man, offer complaint in view of his sins?

Malachi 1:11
For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, My name will be great among the nations, and in every place incense is going to be offered to My name, and a grain offering that is pure; for My name will be great among the nations, says the Lord of hosts

Rom. 8:28
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose


Col. 1:16-18

For in Him all things were created....all things have been created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together....so that He Himself might come to have first place

This is the God that I TRUST IN. One who is all WISE, forever FAITHFUL, in complete CONTROL of ALL that happens around me. Ministry can be soo messy, I am so glad I KNOW the One who can and will clean it up!!!