Shut Us Down

Its been a little rough for many of us in ministry. ( can't you tell, I have posted a least three blog post in ONE DAY.lol) I was riding to the gym the other morning and was listening to this song, which is on Sho Baraka new cd Lions and Liars. and just begin to weep. I wept for those in the world who don't understand us (or our ministry) I wept even harder for the Church of believers that don't get the lifestyle the Lord has called us to. So much opposition before us. This song screamed out so many emotions I felt at that time. Many I cant even go into detail about here. As I continued to listen I was encouraged, my favorite line on the song was : " I will do this until I take my last breathe, beautiful feet, I'm running until I take my last step, there's nothing they can do to STOP what the LORDS DOING, come in the kitchen come take a look at what the Lord's brewing.......you can lie, you can hate, you can run us down, but in the end the gates of hell COULDN'T SHUT US DOWN!!!!"

If you haven't already, go purchase this cd, the Lord has gifted Sho in so many ways. This brothers honesty, and biblically sound lyrics are so refreshing. Its sooo worth purchasing!!
*don't forget to scroll to bottom of page to turn off music player*





Lyrics Below (Lecrae verse missing-sorry)


Hook
(After Edmund)
Run with us, or you can hate me/
But it will be hard to shut us down/


Verse 1

Call your man, call your girl, tell them all call their bluff/
Tell them call the stations ask them why they hate on us/
Took an ouch for His people just so He can stay in touch/
Check the record books you're better off to run with us/
Call us punks, call us weak, call us chumps, call us dumb/
Call the verizon network and that's not enough/
On the tv on the block, on theirs phone call us wack/
Go ahead a try to shut us down, aint no app for that/

Verse 2
Lecrae

Verse 3
Some think we're mess some calling us blessed/
A mic and a stage don't always equals success/
Sometimes a bigger platform only brings more stress/
So I watch my life and my doctrine and pray for the best/
AT said go and shine your light homes/
They wanna see his crash like the Dow Jones/
It's like Matt 16 who can come against it/
You can be a Pharisee or you can be a witness/
If we stay in the church they will call us religious/
If we go on mtv and the saints think were trippin/
If we try to hit the streets then we're thugs in sin/
With those spectator you cant expect to win/
Its hard to make decisions when theory clouded your vision/
Sometimes I'm confused with who is the opposition/
I swear I heard cheers when I fumbled the ball/
They claim they're on our team but praying for our fall/


Posted © Reach Records