He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, he lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves those who live justly. The LORD watches over the immigrant and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. -Psalm 146:7-9

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Them People

A blog friend who happens to do urban ministry was asked a very interesting (because I wonder all the time what is happening to christianity) but VERY SAD question and I quote, "Why do you let those drunks and druggies and them people come to your church?"

I almost dropped my computer after reading this. His respons was so on point, because it was so like what Jesus would have said. I felt what he said was his initial hearts response, because I have gotten the same question except instead of it being said "to your church" it was asked, "why have your children around such people".... I can blog all day (literally) about my heart and struggles about what people feel like you should or should not be doing/exposing your kids to. Anyway, I will write about that later...in the mean time. Check out Phil's rebuke/exhortation to the church. My Lord, have we yet to become CHRISTIANS?! My heart just breaks for us, we just dont get it. (christians that is)

I am so thankful for Phil and his wife Nicolle. They have been such a force of encouragement to me in my walk with the Lord. I am looking forward to the day we meet face to face.