Dabar (Promise) Psalm 125:1-3


Today's Promise comes from Psalm 125

"Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures forever. As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore"



Gods word is full of wonderful life changing promises. His words have been my comfort, my joy, my strength through such a challenging time. I am currently reading When Helping Hurts- How To Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting The Poor ...and Yourself and I must say, I am being challenged and encouraged. I spent most of today reading/meditating on scripture, praying for our hood, our family and listening to some of the webinars that are offered as additional study to go along with the book. Now I just need to process this stuff. Man, its weighty I tell ya.
As I stated in another post, having a four person family live with you all of a sudden can be a bit of a challenge, but, as I focus on Gods word and spend time in prayer, my perspective changes and I can see things totally different. Which leads to the verse above. One of my best friends gave me that verse the other day. She took me out for a milk shake (yum!!) and began to just speak Gods word over me. (thanks Toni!) I am learning in this situation as we as a family minister to those in need how to def. trust the Lord but also be reminded that God promises that His presence will forever surround us. In His presence is the joy I feel at times I don't have in the midst of serving, in His presence is strength I need to continue to serve, in His presence is grace to do it all through Christ. When I am trusting the Lord, I am unshakable, nothing within my trials can move me because of the knowledge I have of the One who placed them there.

Oh, man, how I need to hear that, I don't ever want to be out of HIS PRESENCE. I have been asking Him to grant Kevin and I wisdom, grace, and more wisdom. My biggest fear in this situation has been the fear of not glorifying Him and hurting the poor more so than helping them. Oh, friends, the line is so thin and tricky. Its been scary for me to think about how the Lord has called many of us to be the forerunners of this ministry. The first to go through situations and have to make decisions that will often lead to mistakes, and that is so okay I know. But, its scary. (can u tell how scary I am? -LOL) I am thankful that Gods care, provision,leadership and wisdom aids us on this journey. I just pray that this family sees Gods goodness,mercy and love as they are with us. Please pray that with me.