Watching Jesus Move, Turning 32 and Summer Camp

Oh my dear blog, how I miss posting on thee. Our summer so far has been crazy! I don't remember it being like this last summer. God has just been chisling away at this ol heart of mine. I am learning so much from my husband about ministry. He is amazing! I have been in awe of the Lord at the amount of discernment He has given him. We have been in some pretty challenging situations this summer where ministering has hurt us and those we were helping. Yet, we asked God for wisdom and He, who is faithful has given it generously. I am thankful. I am also learning a lot from our interns. I am encouraged at their hunger for Gods heart. They all have been broken, challenged and stretched beyond their capacities this summer, and it aint over yet. I have watched them wrestle through some of the most toughest conversations on ministering to the poor, racial reconciliation, and conflict resolution; in addition, I have seen the Lord began to bring healing, unity, forgiveness, humility and love to this group. I am so thankful for them and their willingness to serve our community. Their love for our kids have been full of gentleness, patience and faithfulness. Their days are long and draining, yet, they, through the help of Jesus, come in the next day ready to love on kids who are broken & hopeless. Kids who's lives will never be the same after having spent all summer long with such godly college students. Please continue to pray for our summer and all of our staff as we try to finish this summer out strong in honoring Jesus in all we do.

Today is my 32nd Birthday and I'm thankful just to be alive in Christ JESUS. Ya hear me?!! I didn't think I would live to see 21, but clearly, God had other plans. I am also excited because today we will have a visitor staying with us from Texas for a whole week!!! Her name is Amber(who's 15 yrs old) and she is a part of the mentor program over at Mercy Street Ministries. I'm a little nervous because I don't know what its like to have a 15 year old around. Like, what time do they go to bed? How late are they suppose to talk on the phone? LOL I have no clue. I hope she is encouraged while she is here, and I hope we are not some boring "old" people. We are humbled that Garrett and Mindy would entrust us with her for even a short time. God is up to something I tell you, but of course that's no surprise, HE does not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. Happy 4th of July peeps!