Missing Faces



One of the hardest things about being in a ministry like this is watching kids disappear. I know its nothing personal against us. I don't believe that its because of anything we have done wrong. I DO know it has everything to do with influence. Our kids are up against a culture that doesn't give a crap about them. The pressures of friends and media are weighting heavy upon them. 120 kids show up in our after school program; yet, I can still see that many more are missing. The family isn't the same without them. What are they doing? Many have moved on to junior/ high school and with that comes girls, (and boys) and sports. Others are just close by standing around looking for something to get into. The reality is that their lives are changing, the spear of influence has changed. They could come here and learn something and within an hour its out the door because of what they have to return to.
This makes me want to pursue them more. To let them know they are missed and loved so dearly. I don't know if I can take watching some of the younger ones come up just to have them disappear as well. I really am trying to REMIND myself that God knows best. I trust that He is watching over them all. I trust that the next generation is understanding what is being taught and that they will carry these TRUTHS with them as they grow older. I TRUST that God's word will NEVER return VOID and that there is STILL HOPE for this generation.