The Blessing Of Thorns




Sorry. Blogging just hasn't been my thing lately. At one point I felt as if I was in a big cloud of mess that seemed as if it would never go away. I aint talking about in my hood either. I am talking about the war that happens when you are parenting your own children. Playing a role in Gods plan in urban missions, and parenting in the midst of homeschooling has been such an emotional roller coaster for me. I am either crying because I want perfection in my child or because I don't think I am equipped to school her.

All lies. My child will never be perfect. She will never obey outside of GODS GRACE in her life. All of the hard and exhausting work that has to be put into training and instructing in righteousness is all apart of God's plan for me as well as the plans He has for my CHILD. No doubt about that. Today, I am hopeful. Hopeful that God is working in my child's heart, even if I don't see fruit in certain places. Hopeful that Christ has the power to change sinners, and I know it because he changed me. I am Hopeful in Gods GRACE and SOVEREIGNTY. God has allowed parenting during this season to be a challenge for me for purposes only known to Him. I am trying to TRUST and learning to TRUST that they are GOOD and that HE WHO HAD CALLED ME IS FAITHFUL AND WILL DO IT! God's will for me, for us, as parents is to give THANKS in all things.
(1 Thess. 4) Let's hold each other to that.



No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. -1 Cor. 10:13

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them. (Ezekiel 36:26-27)


Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
-2Corinthians 12:8-9