Eagle Eye

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. -2 Corinthians 4:38


God rocked my world this weekend. Just when you think things could not prove to be more broken, messy, and burdensome, they turn out to be just that. I cant lie, at one point I felt such a strong sense of hopelessness for our kids. My chest felt as if it was about to cave in as I begin to anxiously think about how their sin, (including my own) effects so many people. Its like a disease, killing all those in its path. As I was writing in my journal tonight, the verse above was written on the bottom of one of my pages. I was just asking the Lord to reveal His presence in such mess. He did. I found in that verse that my vision must be that of the eagle, paying close attention to everything as it unfolds, watching details of Gods work before us as we minister to those hurting around us. Keeping my vision AWAY from the things that are seen, ( earthly pleasures, pain and hurt around me) but keeping my gaze on the things that are UNSEEN ( Heaven, Christ our HOPE putting an end once and for all to teenage pregnancy, sex at a young age, drugs, prostitution, poverty)

The bible tells us in Hebrews 11 that FAITH is being sure of what we HOPE for, and certain of what we do not see. Well, I am certain that God is good, and redemption is just around the corner. My HOPE is in the LORD and all that He WILL accomplish for the little ones we minister too. By FAITH I am believing all HIS promises are TRUE, one being that He is working all things out for the good of those who love Him and called according to His purposes, and two that we as a staff will rebuild the ancient ruins and will raise up the age-old foundations; and be called Repairer of Broken Walls, Restorer of Streets with Dwellings. The pain, the brokenness and burdens of my city are all temporary, God is NOT done, I see a thousand resurrections in the future. Praise God!!