Princes and The Kiss Pt 2


One of the reasons I love having the middle school and younger girls hang out (or sleepover) at my house is because it opens the door for a what I hope would be lifelong relationships. These sweet girls call me to chat on the phone as if I am one of their peers. It can be a challenge at times because I have work at home I have to take care of and sometimes they don't understand that. Yet, God gives them understanding and they just show up on my front porch! (ha!) Which I am so glad they do, I miss them when they are not here.

As I have them over and we are having these long hard talks about peer pressure, boys and sex, I always wonder if they are really hearing all the Lord uses my husband and I to say. I sometimes wonder if these girls would be open enough to share with us when things are happening to them, or if they have engaged in activity that they shouldn't. Would they trust us with their secrets, with the many unanswered questions they have about life and boys?? The other night I didn't have to wonder anymore. I got a phone call from one middle school girl(14 yrs old) who wanted to let me know her mom was taking her to the clinic to start birth control shots. I just sat there in shock for a few seconds. Then it begins to settle and I begin to think about the reality of this cycle continuing. That just saddens my heart. We begin a for a little to talk about why birth control. I begin to ask her was she a virgin and how dangerous this was for her if she wasn't having sex. I hung up the phone and told my husband and shared with him how I wanted to have her over this week. I know that was nothing but God to have her to call me. I don't know what God is doing, and I know I cant save them, but why soo many girls?? Why is this need for purity so great in my hood??
Oh God, Its overwhelming!! This, this is why I am committed to these girls. (esp. my own daughter she is NEVER left out of this) Committed to teaching them how special they are to God, committed to teaching them the importance of purity and marriage, committed to instructing and training them along side of their parents in a way that is pleasing to God.

I woke up the next morning and spent time in the word and prayed over the purity of these girls. I also sat down and began to plan our 2nd annual Purity Study/Ball. Oh, how I pray this study is just as impactful this year as it was last year. I just want to see God do what I think is impossible in the lives of these girls. That's what I am going into this new year trusting Him with ...the impossible!

These girls need your prayers. ( I do too as I prepare for this study) I see God moving, I really do, I just want more of HIM and I pray that my girls receive more as well. Would you also pray that God would provided the resources for the Ball as well as funds we need to insure EVERY girl has a bible study book?

Many of you have asked me before how you can help. Well, we are in need of 25 bible study kits. Each kit is priced at $39. Click here to view kits. If God leads you to give please email me at mrsnicolek@yahoo.com and I will give you further instructions. It's so important for these girls to know what it means to have a pure heart in an impure world. I am trusting God for a greater city vision as a friend of ours says. As difficult and hard as things seem around us, I really believe greater things are yet to come, greater things are still to BE DONE in this city. I am thankful for the chance to see a part of the picture God is painting. Amen!

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine..-Ephesians 3:20a