Pride On Low



One of the things God continuously is helping me be sensitive to and humble in, is remembering that we are not here to "save the day". As much as our flesh and many people around us want to believe or say that, we are not! We are NOT here because the kids we minister too don't have good parents. Its not because we have it all together or know it all with our reformed evangelical views, biblical training, our Baby Wise parenting, or our educational background. Many of our parents are wonderful, as a matter of fact, ALL of them are. They are simply doing the best they can, with what they know how. It's important for us to remember when we minister to these kids and hear their stories, that we are not quick to think, "I have to SAVE them". Yes, there will be times it will be necessary to call the authorities, but I must be discerning, quick to listen, slow to speak (or react at times). I want the parents whom I minister to and have grown to become great friends with, know and TRUST that I am partnering with them. We are mutually being transformed as we find ways to love on these kids and teach them the love of God. Urban Missionaries are not saviors, we are ambassadors for Christ, the hands,feet and mouth piece of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We don't have all the right answers, or resources to help our neighbors, but I am so thankful we KNOW the one who do. The name of the LORD is a STRONG TOWER,the righteous run to it and are safe.
They may not believe it, but my neighbors have ministered to me in many profound ways. We came here to learn, not just serve. It's always good to check ya pride!

When pride comes, then comes dishonor,But with the humble is wisdom.Prov. 11:2