To Know Him

I heart Kay Authur! This inductive bible study I've been doing authored by her has been soo good for my soul. This week I haven't been doing so well.What I thought was depression, was really discouragement about my circumstances and God has used the scriptures out of this study as well a good one from a close friend of mine to restore my soul. Life is so busy, confusing at times, overwhelming, draining; yet, exciting, and adventurous. Many days I wake up and wonder if I am bipolar, urban ministry will have you like that at times. LOL!
I am learning so much about WHO GOD IS. I don't have an "older"women pouring into my life, so with all the ministering I do, in my home and outside, things can become very difficult for me to handle. The Lord has provided Kay and I am so thankful. The Lord is using this devotional to help me see and understand Him more clearly. Its been so encouraging to study the names of God. So much of our confusion, our pain, our indecision, and our wrong decision come because we don't know God. As Kay says in her book, " we may know about Him- we may know what others know- or say about Him- but do we know what God says about Himself? Do we really know for ourselves who He really is, and therefore, how He conducts Himself in the affairs of mankind?"

...but the people who know their God will display strength and take action.-Daniel 11:32

I am learning when I know God for who He really is, there is power in my life. Today I give praise to El Elyon for governing all the affairs of my life and everything else around me. I give thanks for Elohim for creating me in His image and all things for His glory. I am in love with El Roi, the God who sees and knows all my circumstances as well as all of the happenings of those in my hood.
Lord, I Want To Know You is changing the way I see life, and I know I have my God to thank for that.

Let's seek him diligently!

O LORD, our Lord,How majestic is Your name in all the earth,Who have displayed Your splendor above the heavens!-Psalm 8:1

Some boast in chariots and some in horses,But we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God.-Psalm 20:7