At The Brook

As the deer pants for streams of water,so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? 
Psalm 42:1-3



I love Gods word. I wish I could just sit with no distractions and just study it all day! One of my favorite memories of college was being involved in college ministry and learning how to study the bIble. I grew and learned so much about what it meant to be a student of the word. I have those days when I am "Martha ,Martha"... too busy to stop and sit at the Lords feet because I am "doing things" for him. But, then Gods grace draws me, I miss Him, I begin to long for Him and it's at his feet I find rest. Kaiya and I have begun to work through the SPECK together, thanks to her friend Alaiyah. SPECK is what we used in college to help us apply scripture to our lives.


S.in to avoid
P.romise to claim
E.xample to follow
C.ommad to obey
K.nowledge about God


I write this so I can remember the ways God is revealing himself to my daughter. I write because I want to remember that it's possible ,even at the age of 8, for God to give you a deep hunger for Himself and His word. My prayer this morning is that God would grant my child a love for his word, that He would allow her to know and understand it, and follow it wholeheartedly!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone