He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, he lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves those who live justly. The LORD watches over the immigrant and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. -Psalm 146:7-9

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Life Is Full Of Lessons

"Poverty is a result of relationships that do not work, that are not just, that are not for life, that are not harmonious or enjoyable" #CCDA

I have enjoyed this weekend so much! I walk away feeling refreshed,as well as convicted on how I have not loved some of the people in my community. I also have a better perspective on what empowerment looks like. God has placed our ministry in a community of gifted, and talented neighbors. It's our calling to empower them with dignity, and love. I'm so thankful for times like these, God continues to show me how I need him and I'm not all wise! Though all this information is overwhelming, I trust God will lead us and give us discernment on what to do next.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone