He executes justice for the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The LORD sets prisoners free, the LORD gives sight to the blind, he lifts up those who are bowed down, the LORD loves those who live justly. The LORD watches over the immigrant and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked. -Psalm 146:7-9

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Perfected for all Time

For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified -Heb. 10:14

My Father,
What you have done for me is nearly beyond belief! You have made me- a hopeless, rebellious, unbelieving sinner- absolutely and eternally perfect. By your sacrifice you've assured me that any sacrifice for sin that needed to be made has been made, and all I have to do is believe that your blood really is that valuable. Thank you for forgiving me especially when I dishonor you by thinking that my meager, miserable, pride-driven sacrifices would somehow appease your great wrath at sin. You've made me perfect, and you're perfecting me. Thank you, Lord. I believe!!
Amen


-Comforts Of The Cross
Celebrating the Gospel One Day at a Time
Day 11


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone