Degree Varsity Award



I once read, "if you want to change the world, mentor a child". Of course I know that Christ is our only HOPE, yet, I also believe Jesus use the impact we have on the next generation to influence what our world will be like. Every Tuesday and Friday, I have the priviledge to be a part of that change I want to see. I get to  hang out with 12 amazing little girls. How? Through our cheerleading team. Our cheerleading program, which started 3 years ago, has become one of CGM favorite extra curricular activites amongst the girls in our after school program. Before then, the girls would always run up to my husband and ask," why are yall always doing stuff for the boys? Ya'll must dont like the girls or somethin". My husband would gently explain to them, He does care for them, it's just that it would look very weird for a baldhead 33 year old man hanging out with a group of middle school and high school girls. #epicfail #prision. No, we dont need that.

Anyway, the Lord quickly gave me a burden to dig up my past love for this sport. I remember cheering back in elementary and junior high(I was even captian one year, can you believe it?) and how much fun it was. I also remember all of the girls I spent time with, including my coach. We had some pretty fun times together. If I didnt have that to do back then, there's no telling what road I may have traveled down. It definitely kept me busy and off the streets. (at least for a little while)

For the past couple of years, we've  had a constant struggle as a team to raise funds to keep this  going. These girls love to cheer, even if we didnt have a team to cheer for, I really believe they would still find a reason to cheer for CGM during other functions. In efforts to not have to deal with such stress of paying for uniforms, I entered the girls into a contest to win $5000. I was contacted a week ago and found out we were finalist!!! I almost fell out when I got the letter! The girls are thrilled and sitting on the edge of their seats, praying the Lord pours His favor out on us to win this money. I cant begin to even tell you how far this will go on this team and even through our community. In order for us to win, we need your help!

Please go to www.facebook.com/dontfretthesweat  :click the Varsity Awards tab to the left and when you see our team pic, click on it to VOTE! Afterwards, please share the link on your profile page and ask your friends to come back DAILY to vote for us! I can, and I can't imagine how the Lord will and could use this money to further HIS KINGDOM and GOSPEL. Being in the lives of these girls through cheerleading, has not only encouraged me, but impacted me as well. Their, hunger for God, zeal for Jesus and one another has blown me away. These girls are growing up in a neighborhood where they are constantly bombarded with lies from the streets(  love of money, sex, pre-teen and teen pregnancy, drugs, alcohol abuse, ect..)  and they're daily having to endure some very difficult, sweat producing moments.

Yet, in the midst of such difficulty they are smilling and rejocing that now, the GIRLS finally has something to do!! Please, help us keep our team alive.

Your VOTE COUNTS!
Last day to vote: Oct. 17 :) Thank you