Humility & The Kingdom Of God -Intro.

It's amazing. God has and is reshaping my views on who He is and what is the Kingdom of God. I'm really trying to grow in learning and understanding,just what is the Kingdom of God. In the past, I would have given you a picture of the Kingdom being, Gods people being very knowledgeable in their doctrine. Being able to call out all Five Points of Calvinism(TULIP).  ( in NO way am I saying theology is NOT important, it is... I am speaking of having a theology that does not lead to application!)
I would have broken down to you half of the Puritan paperback books I would find myself immersed in day after day. If you weren't of reformed theology you or what you thought, didn't sit well at all with me. SOMETIMES, I would struggle with pride in knowing my child could quote the infamous Catechisms by age 3, oh how my pride loved that. I'm a reader, I love to read and the more I read the more I found that knowledge puffs up. After coming on staff, I found that as much as all that information I knew,which was good, and very beneficial to my walk with Christ,there was a picture of God I was lacking. There were pictures of the Kingdom I couldn't accept due to all my book readings and knowledge. When I think back, I'm wondering with all that information I had, all the books I read, where was the practical living? Where was the tolerance for others and what they believed. My brother and sisters in other denominations were busy(not in a show off way) being the hands and fit of Jesus while I was sitting around asking others, "what good books have you read by (insert favorite author here)". So, with that being said, I'm thankful for having learned all I did while being exposed to one area of scripture and view of God, yet, I'm just as thankful for where I am now. Being challenged on what I believe, and asking myself  how does it play it self out in loving and serving the poor??  What good is all your book reading and doctrine if it doesn't move or stir you to action, action that leads to God's glory( of course there is many ways to apply). Where we are as a family,and what we see and learn you can't get from out of a book. You won't learn in seminary,and you won't get it from associating yourself with certain crowds of believers. The Kingdom of God consist of many things.
My goal this year is to grow in Christ like humility!  May we all pursue all things for the sake of God's glory and the benefit of our neighbors!

I'll be back to share a few inside glimpse of what God has shown me in my life personally in another blog post.

  The pursuit of knowledge for its own sake, without seeking God, is foolishness.

“Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom . . . but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind. For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief”
- Ecclesiastes1:17:18


 "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God".-Micah 6:8